The mission of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Oakwood at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is to advance the field of musculoskeletal and rehabilitation medicine through the education of medical students, residents, other healthcare professionals, and the public in general; a process which utilizes basic science and clinical research, as well as excellent patient care, while improving the quality of life for individuals with physical disabilities.
By integrating our skills, knowledge and enthusiasm, we will be a premier academic program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Our high quality faculty and staff utilize state-of-the-art facilities to provide the finest in research, teaching, and patient care.
- 2012 Oakwood Department of the year.
- Established a Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship Program in 2014.
- Services a market area of 1.0 million people.
- Residents and Faculty submitted more poster presentations than any other PM&R program for two straight years at the Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP) Annual Meeting.
- The Program has four PGY-4 resident graduates per year.
- Graduates receive distinguished fellowships at Mayo Clinic, Harvard and Cleveland Clinic.
- Comprehensive Spasticity Management Program services Southeast Michigan and conducts research.
- The program utilizes participatory management with residents participating in department, hospital, and Wayne State University School of Medicine Graduate Medical Education Committees to prepare them to practice in a vertically integrated healthcare system of the future.
- ACGME Accredited. Residency founded in April, 2009.
- Residents participate in Quality Improvement Projects as a requirement for graduation.
- Residents and faculty come from a diverse background and serve in a culturally diverse community.
Jay M. Meythaler, J.D., M.D.
Beverly J. Feikens
John C. Elliott, M.H.A.
Wayne State University
Department of Physical Medical and Rehabilitation - Oakwood
Oakwood Hospital Taylor
10000 Telegraph Rd.
Taylor, MI 48180
Directions to Oakwood Hospital Taylor
Please enter via the behavioral health entrance, go to the elevators, then proceed to the basement Wayne State University medical education offices
Michelle C. Brock, M.A.
Senior Residency Program Coordinator
Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship Coordinator
Phone: 313-375-7226 | Fax: 313-375-7225
Victoria Pope, B.S.
For patient appointments call:
(313) 438-7373 (Dearborn)
(248) 465-0100 (Novi)
(734) 284-0865 (Southgate)